Simple and easy employment of foreigners abroad – mission accomplished!

Legalise your stay in Poland by obtaining a residence permit today:

  • Quick
  • No bureaucracy
  • With a trusted partner
EU citizens may stay in Poland for up to 3 months without having to fulfil any conditions of stay. They are not subject to the obligation to obtain a visa, residence or work permit. After 3 months, further stay of EU citizens in Poland is subject to mandatory registration. The foreigner submits the application for residence registration in person to the voivode at the place of residence.

As a rule, in order to employ a foreigner in Poland who is not a citizen of an EU Member State – the employer must obtain a work permit for him.

Remember! You can be legally employed in Poland if:
1. you are legally in Poland
2. you have a work permit. (i.e. the possibility of legal employment in Poland),

These issues are inextricably linked, and non-EU citizens must have both a valid residence card (visa) and a permit to work in Poland.

There are several types of documents that authorise employment in Poland:

A consecration,
S-type approval

Statement of intention
to commission work

Type A work permit

Single Permit to Stay and Work

Document of intention to employ for seasonal work Document of intention to employ a foreigner from Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Russia, Armenia Provincial invitation (work permit) A full residence permit, which allows you to stay in the country and be legally employed at the same time
Maximum period of employment: 270 days per calendar year Maximum period of employment: 180 days* per year(changes from 2022 extended period) *without visa up to 90 days Document issued for a period of 3 months to 3 years. (with the need to obtain a new visa every year) Документ оформляемый на срок up to 3 (and sometimes upto 5)years.
Visa: D05b Visa: D05a Visa: D06 You do not need a visa, the card itself gives you the right to stay
The cost of obtaining a document: from
90 €
The cost of obtaining a document: from 110 € The cost of obtaining a document: from 500 € The cost of obtaining a document: from 700 €
Approximate opening date: 1- 2 weeks Approximate opening time: up to 7 days Estimated opening time: 2 to 3 months, but may take up to half a year Approximate opening date: 6 months
Any type of document authorising you to work in Poland:
– issued to a specific employer
– and under the specific conditions therein (e.g.: position, salary, working hours, etc.)
If, for any reason, you would like to change employers, you should obtain a new
permission to work for a new employer!

The most common type for work in Poland is the declaration of intent to assign work (Consecration of the pl. Oświadczenie o zamiarze powierzenia pracy cudzoziemcowi). It is a work permit in Poland that can be obtained by citizens of 6 countries:

  • Ukraine
  • Moldova
  • Georgia
  • Belarus
  • Russia
  • Armenia

And citizens of 3 countries: Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, with this document, can cross the border without opening
visa, on the basis of a biometric passport and to stay and work in Poland for up to 90 days.

The Statement of Intent to Commission Work (Consent) is the basis for the grantingof the work.
national visa for the purpose of carrying out work in Poland.

MOST IMPORTANT! Before starting work – the employer is obliged to:
1. Make a written contract with you. Depending on the content of your work permit and the conditions under which your work is performed, you may be employed on the basis of:
– employment contract
– a civil law contract (work contract).
The most beneficial form of employment for the employee is an employment contract – you will get
the labour rights provided for in the Labour Code and other labour laws.
2. must register you with the social and health insurance authorities.

A visa is a basic authorisation that entitles you to cross the border or to stay in a foreign country for a short period of time.

Main types of visa

Polish visa TYPE “C” (Schengen visa)

Polish VISA TYPE “D” (national visa)

is valid in the Schengen area and entitles you to stay in all Schengen states. Single or multiple stays in Schengen countries – must not exceed 90 days in each 180-day period. entitles the holder to enter the territory of the Republic of Poland and to stay in the territory for a continuous period of more than 90 days, for one or more consecutive periods of time, but for no longer than 1 year. The Polish national visa type “D” also entitles the holder to travel within the territory of other Schengen countries for up to 90 days within the period of 180 days during the validity of the visa.
Main purposes for the Schengen Area: Tourism, visitor, short-term work or business activities
It is easier to obtain a Schengen visa than a national visa. The timeframe for dealing with requests is considerably shorter.
The main purposes for a national visa are: work, study, business.
Visas for these purposes are quite different, both in terms of the length of stay and the documents required to obtain them.
It is on the basis of documentary grounds that these visas can be classified into three main groups:
1. Seasonal (called D05B)
2. Unseasonable
3. Provincial visa
IT IS POSSIBLE TO EXTEND THE VISA! application for an extension of a Schengen visa or a national visa is made to the Voivode of the place of residence of the foreigner (a Schengen visa can be extended for up to 90 days within 180 days).
a Schengen visa can be extended to a maximum of 90 days within 180 days The period of stay on the basis of an extended national visa may not exceed the period of stay provided for by
national visa, namely 1 year
In order to extend their stay in Poland, a foreigner may apply for a temporary residence permit

If you have any questions, you can always contact us, no problem is impossible!

Pole’s card
Citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan, who prove their belonging to the Polish nation, may be issued a Polish Card by the consul. This document entitles you to work in Poland without a permit and to obtain a visa free of charge!

– to be legally employed in Poland without having to obtain a work permit;
– obtain a national visa free of charge, which entitles you to multiple crossings of the Polish border,
– seek help from the consul,
– cash allowance for Pole card holders (50% of the minimum wage)
– conduct business activities in Poland under the same conditions as Polish citizens
Blue Card
Temporary residence permits for highly skilled occupations
(temporary residence and work permits). The EC Blue Card is designed to make Europe more
attractive to highly educated individuals outside the European Union.
The main conditions for obtaining a card:
– the foreigner must have completed higher education or at least 5 years of professional experience
– employee’s gross wages are at least 150% of the national average (in 2021
— 7751,20 zl. netto)
– an employment contract for at least 1 year.
– with health insurance.
The Blue Card is a variant of the Polish Pobytu Card, the main advantages of which are
– Free access to the labour market after 2 years on the Blue Car
– Facilitated family reunification mode
– Family members may receive visitor’s cards with access to the labour market.

Remember! For illegal work, you face the risk of:
– fine of 1,000 to 5,000 Polish zl.
– expulsion
– listing foreigners whose stay on Polish territory is undesirable
An employer who employs foreigners illegally is also liable to a fine. In addition, he bears the costs of their expulsion outside Poland.

Work permits in Poland

How can a Ukrainian legally work in Poland?

Jobs in Poland, in particular, from Ukraine (as well as from Russia, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Moldova) have simplified access to the Polish labour market.

The above-mentioned countries may carry out work in Poland on the basis of the Statement of Intent to Assignment of Work (Oświadcie) + visa required.

After three months of employment with a given employer, an employee may apply for a type A work permit or a single permit to stay and work (work permit and residence permit) in order to continue to be employed.

In the case of Ukrainian nationals who are about to come to Poland, the best solution seems to be their initial employment on the basis of a declaration – Statement of Intent to Commission Work (consecration), and then a residence permit and a work permit.

You have to remember:
1. that a foreigner who is an employee is subject to all the employment rules, even in
social insurance.
2. you can change your employer, but the new employer must obtain a new document allowing the foreigner to work.

How to go to Poland for work in 2022?

In order to go to Poland to work from Ukraine (as well as from Russia, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Moldova) you should
1. first get a job-offer
2. the employer orders a declaration – declaration of intention to assign work (consecration) or authorisation –
A (annual) permit from the Employment Agency for an employee.
3. with the application/permit made, the employee obtains a type D visa (180/360 days) at the Polish embassy in their country.
4. the employee comes to Poland to work with a valid visa.
5. a medical examination (on the basis of a referral issued by the employer) by an occupational medicine doctor.
6. signing the contract, signing and completing the documents required for employment.

How can citizens of Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Kazakhstan legally work in Poland?

There are three rules for employing foreigners in Poland:
1. a job must be found
2. a work permit must be obtained
3. on a permit, a visa must be obtained

Option A – if you are only planning to travel to Poland (you are in your own country)
1. first get a job-offer in Poland
2. a work permit is needed: Work permit type A
3. the employer orders a permit in Poland
4. the staff member then receives the VISA with the permit
5. employee comes to Poland – signs contracts, completes documents and works in Poland

A type A work permit is a document issued for up to 3 years.
Approximate time for opening a permit: 2-3 months, but may take up to six months

Option B – if you are already in Europe (e.g. with a work permit in Lithuania or another country, but want to go to Poland):
1. first get a job-offer in Poland
2. you need a single decision on residence and work It is best to prepare the documents, arrange a visit to the office in Poland (if you have a valid Schengen visa), submit the documents to Polschei and wait for a decision. Once the decision has been made, the foreigner can come to Poland and work. But, if there is no Schengen visa? It is possible to submit documents by post, but the foreigner still has to travel to Poland to fill in the documents and submit fingerprints (biometrics). A foreigner goes to Poland with the attached documents and waits 6 months (it usually takes that long to get a residence and work permit), the question is what to do for half a year, you cannot work? – each case is considered individually and the most logical and practical solution is sought.

If you have any questions, you can always contact us, no problem is impossible!