AssistPRO Sp.zoo helps companies to obtain a transport license in Poland to provide transport services.

So how to get a transport license in Poland?

Below you will find the most important information and conditions that must be met in order to obtain a transport license or permit in Poland.

The provision of transport services other than for own account is subject to the possession of a Community license for the international carriage of goods or a national authorization to engage in the occupation of road haulage operator .

The transport license is an administrative decision taken at the request of the entrepreneur by the General Road Transport Inspectorate (located in Warsaw, Jer.

An entity applying for an international license in Poland must have a national permit, and if it does not have a national permit, it can simultaneously apply to the General Road Transport Inspectorate for a national permit together with the application for an international license.

Risks without a transport license in Poland:

For the performance of road transport without a transport license , in accordance with Art. No. Point 1.1, a fine of PLN 12,000.00 is imminent.


An entrepreneur applying for a license, understood as a natural person pursuing an individual activity, must submit a certificate of no criminal record. If a legal entity (eg a limited liability company ) applies for a transport license in Poland, a certificate of innocence must be submitted by each person authorized to represent the company (eg a member of the board, the chairman of the board).

In order to be authorized to engage in the occupation of road transport operator, a trader must hold or employ a person holding a certificate of professional competence who is to manage transport operations on a permanent basis. The transport manager may be employed under a contract of employment or under a civil contract. Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) the examination is conducted several times a year in the units of the General Road Transport Inspectorate. The exam tests knowledge such as civil law, commercial law, tax law, social law, transport market access, road safety, technical standards, business management and financial management in a company. Violations of road transport obligations or rules may result in fines imposed on the transport manager, together with the entrepreneur and the driver.

Another condition for obtaining a permit is good financial standing , which means that a deposit of EUR 9,000 is required for the first motor vehicle and EUR 5,000 for each other vehicle. The financial situation can be documented:

  • the annual financial report together with the opinion and report of the statutory auditor (if the report is subject to such verification),
  • bank guarantee,
  • insurance , including professional indemnity insurance.


It is obligatory to have a center of activity (location) according to the law, which may be a place equipped with appropriate technical equipment and devices to carry out transport activities in an organized and continuous manner, consisting of at least one of the following elements: parking lot, loading, unloading or connecting location, location of vehicle maintenance or repair. Once the authorization has been obtained and, if an application for an authorization and a Community license has been submitted, the application must be accompanied by a list of the vehicles to be used.

  • Admission fee – 225 EUR *
  • License fee – 899 EUR up to 5 years *
  • License fee – 1,797 EUR up to 10 years *
  • For a 5-year license, each entry costs € 99 *
  • For a 10-year license, each entry costs € 198 *
  • 9 thousand Eur is 5 thousand. EUR guaranteed amount policy, approximately EUR 70 without VAT per vehicle *
  • AssistPRO sp.zoo’s fee for obtaining transport licenses is coordinated individually .

Implementation period from 2 to 6 weeks.

The application shall be made on a form which may be submitted by an authorized representative and may be submitted online.


* Tariffs and prices may change due to changes in foreign rates, exchange rate fluctuations, and changes in national or international taxes and fees.